Entry to Indonesia is becoming much easier for foreign tourists. Since November 10, it is possible to apply for the visa on arrival online and thus avoid the long queues at the airport.
From now on you can apply and pay for the Visa on Arrival for Indonesia (e-VOA) online. Previously, you had to buy the visa on arrival directly at the airport for 500,000 IDR (about 30 USD) when entering Indonesia. There are always long waiting times, which can now be partially bypassed. However, it should be noted that with the e-Visa on Arrival entry is only possible at all airports in Indonesia. Here you can see all requriments. At all other airports in Indonesia, the Visa on Arrival must be purchased locally, as usual.
How do I apply for the e-VOA for Indonesia
Any person with a passport from one of the eligible countries for the Visa on Arrival can apply for the e-VOA online. First, all relevant documents must be uploaded and the fee must be paid by credit card.
The application requires a passport that must be valid for at least six more months. In addition, a passport photo, a return or onward ticket, an email address and a valid credit card are required for payment. The files must be uploaded as png or jpeg files and must not exceed the maximum size of 200 kilobytes. With the e-Visa on Arrival as well as with the normal Visa on Arrival, travelers can stay in Indonesia for 30 days. It is possible to extend the visa on arrival once for another 30 days. The maximum duration of stay in Indonesia is 60 days. Here you can book your extension of the Visa on Arrival.
Here you can apply for your e-Visa on Arrival for Indonesia.
The most important information about e-Visa on Arrival
- Single entry for a 30-day stay in Indonesia.
- Purposes: Tourism, state visit, business meeting, purchase of goods or transit
- Valid: must enter Indonesia within 90 days
- Duration of stay in Indonesia: 30 days – extension is possible
- Application only possible with passport
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months
- Costs 500.000 IDR (approx. 35 USD).
- Payment by debit/credit card may incur additional fees.
- Every person needs an e-VOA, including babies and children.
- No changes are possible after the application has been submitted.
- Information must correspond to the data on the passport.
After completing the payment process, the e-VOA will be available in your account. The immigration officers at the respective airports can check your personal e-VOA in their system. However, we recommend that you either save the e-VOA on a tablet PC, smartphone, etc. or print it out.
There are numerous websites that claim to help users receive Indonesian e-VOA for a fee. These websites are not endorsed by or affiliated with the Indonesian government.